Kinesis Freestyle2 Ergonomic Keyboard for PC, 9" Standard Separation
- SKU: KB800PB-US
One of the most versatile keyboards currently manufactured, the Freestyle2 is an adjustable, separated keyboard offering considerable ergonomic benefits without sacrificing productivity. The Freestyle2 Keyboard is divided into two separate modules. The two sides are connected by a 9" cable by default, with a 20" cable also available. The separation allows users to position the left and right sides of the keyboard shoulder width apart, allowing the shoulders, elbows, arms and wrists to relax in an anatomically neutral position. This greatly improves posture and blood flow in the upper body, prevents undesirable rotation at the shoulders, and eliminates ulnar deviation at the wrist.
Easily Accommodates Individual Needs and Body Types
The Freestyle2 Keyboard can be configured to meet the unique needs and preferences of most individuals, whether tall or short, broad-shouldered or of slight build.
Facilitates Relaxed Position with Maximum Circulation
Complete separation of both left and right keyboard modules enables anatomically neutral and relaxed position of the shoulders, elbow, arms and wrists, greatly reducing the risk of pain and discomfort caused by shoulder rotation, elbow abduction, and ulnar deviation.
Eliminates Overreaching for the Mouse
The Freestyle2 allows users to keep the mouse or other pointing device right beside the right or left edge of the keyboard. By keeping the mouse well within the comfort zone, users can reduce the potential for shoulder, neck and wrist pain arising from repeatedly reaching over the number pad for the mouse.
Reduces Wrist Extension
Most standard, and even many ergonomic, keyboards are positively inclined (i.e. the number row is higher than the space bar). A positive incline forces the user to lift the hands by bending up at the wrists.
Reduces Finger Strain and Fatigue
Tactile low-force membrane keyswitches reduce the amount of effort required to type, benefiting all users from casual to the most intensive typists.
- Variable Separation: The two halves of the Freestyle2 can be separated up to 9" apart, a range which is sufficient for the majority of users.
- Quiet, Tactile Key Switches: The Freestyle2 features quiet, low-force, tactile membrane keyswitches. Rated at 10 million actuations the keyswitches on the Freestyle2 require only 45 grams of force.
- Familiar Key Layout: Standard key layout means minimal adaptation time for experienced typists.
- Sleek, Ultra-Low Profile Design: The Freestyle2 has a substantially thinner and narrower design than most ergonomic keyboards, with a height of only 7/8" and a width of 15.375".
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: In place of the separate numeric keypad found on traditional keyboards (which places the mouse outside of the comfort zone for right-handed users) the Freestyle2 provides a numeric keypad embedded into the right-hand module as a second layer. Along with the number keys on the top row of the keyboard, this embedded number pad gives the majority of users ample options for numeric input.
- Browser, Editing, and Multimedia Hot Keys: Easily accessible, driverless hot keys offer users the option of decreasing the number of mouse clicks and increasing productivity. These hot keys include volume control and mute keys, a calculator key, multimedia keys, commonly used browser functions such as forward, back and home, and application functions such as cut, copy and paste. Hot keys on the inside columns have vertical raised ridges to provide tactile feedback and help the user remain oriented on the keyboard.
- Pivot Tether: The left and right modules of the keyboard can be connected on the top edge by the Pivot Tether. With the Pivot Tether attached, the keyboard can be splayed at the pivot point (forming an 'A' shape), rather than fully separated.
Width: 15.375" (39.0 cm)
Depth (front-to-back): 7.25" (18.4 cm)
Height: 0.875" (2.2 cm)
Weight: 1.95 lbs (885 grams)
Keyswitch Type: Rubber Dome, Membrane (Quiet, Tactile)
Keyswitch Rating: 10 million actuations
Key Activation Force: 35 grams
Peak Key Force: 44 grams
Key Travel Distance: 3.9 mm
Number of Keys: 94
Key Pitch: 0.75" (1.9 cm)
Length of Linking Cable: 9" (15.2 cm )
Interface: USB, 6' cable
Compatibility: All versions of Windows including Windows 8 (32 & 64) and Windows 10
Legends: Pad Printed with a clear UV coating
Warranty: 2 Years
Package Contents: Freestyle2 Keyboard for PC (Left and Right Modules), Non-Removable 9" Linking Cable, Pivot Tether, User Manual
1. What's your country of origin
We are a Canadian base company
2. How long should it take to receive an order?
A third party is typically involved in the delivery of an order. Once you place an order, you will receive an expected delivery date. When calculating this date, few things are taken into consideration like packaging, transit time to the delivery provider and transit time to the delivery address. Generally orders are ship out 2-3 business days, Weekends are not counted
3.What about the return and exchange (if any) policy?
Shipping cost is usually not refundable. Return or replacement policies come with a time period, after which no returns will be accepted.
4. How can I cancel my order?
You can cancel your order at any given time of when the order was placed until when the order was shipped out.
5. What if I don’t get a confirmation after placing an order?
If you do not receive your order details in an email within 24 hours, contact our friendly customer service (email@example.com) or chat with our 24/7 support team for help.
6. What is shopping cart for?
By clicking this item add to cart, you can store your items for later purchase. You don’t have to make a payment until you choose to check out. A shopping cart also allows you to remove the items, change quantities, and so on before checking out.
7. How private is my information, especially card details?
Your card details are safer online than in many other retail stores. A secure server is a computer that protects your personal and other card information by using software. Secure sites use encryption technology that transfers information from your system to the merchants.
All card payment on our platform are processed through Authorized.Net and Elevon, a secured card processing company. We do not store your card information nor nether do we have a visible detail of your card. Our online platform has passed PCI compliance.
Thank you for visiting and shopping at Tech Lab Marketers. Following are the terms and conditions that constitute our Shipping Policy.
Domestic Shipping Policy
Shipment processing time: All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Read More